Colombo 02 Re-Development Stage II Railway Staff & Community Re-location Project
Midrise Building Complex for Social Housing and Railway quarters
Full Architectural Services for Slave Island Re-Development Stage II; Railway Staff & Community Re-Location Project
- Location: Colombo 02, Sri Lanka
- Year & Duration: March 2013 – April 2020
- (Intermittent)Client: Urban Development Authority & Imperial Builders (PPP Model)
- Project Cost: 1.13 Billion LKR (As At 2013)
- Phase: Under Construction
- Scope of Involvement: Architects & Quantity Surveyors
As the Architects for the Slave Island Re-Development Project Stage II, which is part of the strategic Public-Private Partnership projects initiated by the Government in 2012, ACS Integrated worked closely with the Developer and the Urban Development Authority to reallocate the land area, and to relocate both the railway quarters and the low-income residents in 2 phases:
Railway Quarters – The land owned by the Railway Department behind Slave Island Railway Station, was consolidated, and GM’s and other managers’ quarters were built in a 6 story building with ample space and facilities. A further 8 story building was built for other staff with 32 units. This is completed and handed over to the Railway Department.
Community Relocation – the low-income community is to be relocated to the rest of the consolidated railway land where a 12 story building was designed in far better residential units than they lived in, and uplifting their lifestyle. 150 units were accommodated, and they are of far better planning than other projects of similar nature with balconies, full French windows, etc., which is much appreciated by the community as well.
- Architect: ACS Integrated Pvt Ltd
- Client: Urban Development Authority
- Structural engineer: EDIFICE Consultants Pvt Ltd
- Main contractor: Imperial Builders Pvt Ltd