M2M – Veranda Offices
An Approx. 10,000 Square Meter Commercial & Office building with innovative space planning for the New Business Culture. The Concept Designs were done by the Netherlands based World-Renowned Architectural Firm MVRDV, and the Design Development was taken up under ACS Integrated (Pvt) Ltd as their local collaborating architects. The project features a ‘Verandah Offices’ concept, excess parking which is lacking in other office buildings in Colombo on 2 upper parking levels accessed through 2 vehicle lifts, and a sculpture garden rooftop
- Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Year & duration: Sep. 2016 – January 2020
- Client: Moot Manor (Pvt) Ltd
- Phase: Completed
- Scope of Involvement: Local Architects for Design Development, Approvals & Construction
Concept Designed by one of the greatest Architectural practices of the decade in the World, MVRDV of Netherlands, M2M Verandah offices were designed to embody the client’s wish in changing the corporate culture and attitudes and breaking the traditional hierarchical office concepts.
Appointed as the Design Development partner to MVRDV for this Iconic project, ACS Integrated undertook the development of the schematic of this building of complex beauty, detailing out each aspect of the design including the complex weave patterned façade and the unique façade lighting system along with the rest of the Grade A office complex in close collaboration with MVRDV.
ACS Integrated was entrusted with the independent design of the Rooftop Sculpture Garden, which showcases 4 Sculptures by Artists around the World, 2 more sculptures are placed at Ground Level, a landscape designed by PWA.
The project has already impacted the entire neighborhood in its innovative approach and upscaling of the street front, and reached its completion in February 2020 with 2 Embassies already reserving floor space.
- Architect: MVRDV
- Local Architect: ACS Integrated Pvt Ltd
- Client: Moot Manor Pvt Ltd
- Structural engineer: NCD Consultants Pvt Ltd
- Piling Contractor: San Piling
- Shell and Core (Civil) Contractor: Access Projects (Pvt) Ltd.
- MEP Contractor: Shin Nippon Lanka (Pvt) Ltd.
- External Works Contractor: Keerthi Gunawardena Construction (Pvt) Ltd.
- Façade Contractor: Tudawe Engineering Services (Pvt) Ltd.