MIDRISE BUILDING COMPLEX FOR SOCIAL HOUSING
- Construction completed
- Community Housing Construction On Going
- SCOPE OF INVOLVEMENT: Architects & Quantity Surveyors
- CLIENT REFERENCES: Priyani Nawaratne
- Deputy Director Planning, Urban Development Authority (UDA) +94 718099052
As the Architects for the Slave Island Re-Development Project Stage II, which is part of the strategic Public Private Partnership projects initiated by the Government in 2012, ACS Integrated worked closely with the Developer and the Urban Development Authority to re allocate the land area, and to relocate both the railway quarters and the low income residents in 2 phases:
Railway Quarters – The land owned by the Railway Department behind Slave Island Raiway Station, was consolidated, and GM’s and other managers’ quarters were built in a 6 storey building with ample space and facilities. A further 8 storey building was built for other staff with 32 units. This is completed and handed over to Railway Department.
Community Relocation – the low income community is to be relocated in the rest of the consolidated railway land where a 12 storey building was designed in far better residential units than they lived in, and uplifting their lifestyle. 150 units were accommodated, and they are of far better planning than other projects of similar nature with balconies, full French windows etc, which is much appreciated by the community as well.
- Architect: ACS Integrated Pvt Ltd
- Client: Urban Development Authority
- Structural engineer : EDIFICE Consultants Pvt Ltd
- Main contractor: Imperial Builders Pvt Ltd
- Selected subcontractors and suppliers: